About Your Visit
For Your Appointment
If you are a new patient, please arrive to your appointment early in order to complete the registration process. In addition, please bring the following:
- Driver's License or State ID
- Insurance Information and Insurance Card
- Copies of Operation Records, Medical Records, X-rays, MRIs, and CT Scans from Prior Doctor Visits. In particular, CD copies of any recent and relevant imaging (xrays, MRIs, CT scans) will be very helpful.
- A List of Current Medications and Any Known Allergies
In addition, for your first visit, there are three forms that need to be filled out. These three forms (below) can be printed out and completed at home before your clinic visit, which will save time when you come in for your actual appointment:
- Patient Registration Form
- Notice of Privacy Practices Acknowledgement Form
- Cervical Spine Questionnaire (If your primary issue is related to pain in your neck/arm, fill out this neck/arm pain questionnaire.)
- Lumbar Spine Questionnaire (If your primary issue is related to pain in your low back/legs, fill out this low back intake questionnaire.)
To make an appointment, we prefer you have your primary care physician or pain management physician fax us a referral. Our fax number is (808) 691-6512.
Once we receive the referral, our office staff will contact you to schedule an appointment. Please specify if you prefer to be seen in Honolulu or at one of our outer island clinics in Hilo or Maui.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please call us as far in advance as possible so we may use that time to see another patient in need of care. We make a sincere effort to adhere to our appointment schedule and appreciate your patience if we are late due to emergencies or hospital surgery.
We accept most major insurance plans.
Fees & Payments
We make every effort to decrease the cost of your medical care. Therefore, we request payment arrangements for all office services at the time they are rendered unless prior arrangements have been made. We accept cash, checks, MasterCard and Visa for your convenience. If we are a participating provider of your insurance company, we will bill them. However, payment is the patient's responsibility. We will help in any way we can to assist you in handling claims.
Prescriptions & Renewals
Please request all prescription refills, notes from your physician, and authorizations during our regular office hours when our full records are available. Please make these requests 72 hours in advance to allow our office staff to process those requests.